When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hendee Mfg Co. / Indian Motocycle Co. Bicycles Information Thread

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Two things:
1) Precisely where might I unearth the serial number? The paint job is nothing special, but I'd rather not carve it up too badly.
2) What is the real purpose of the split hanger? With ashtabula cranks snaking through the BB there's no way to slide out the crank with Indian's claim of not touching the bearing adjustment. The only advantage I see is minimal chain-line alignment, but there are easier ways to achieve that. Perhaps Indian was contemplating offering a two- or three-piece crank? Then their claim would fly. Still, adjusting the bearings will likely be less hassle than trying to slide out the inner cartridge. Maybe just a marketing thing? What am I failing to see?
Anyone have photos of the Indian BB guts and crank/spindle?

--Joe

View attachment 1248108
these are where i found some number on my frame

IMG_20180520_154033.jpg

20180708_183001.jpg

IMG_20180520_154053.jpg

I always use molasses to remove rust, I don't lose any metal that way. takes a while but no damage is done

hey ya'll
I was directed here, the only pic i have, so far, I1374312

thought I had a 1918 model 70 roadster but was told the chainring is later because of the rim on outer
wheel?I will post more later as the bike is being shipped, hope it is legit, if not I will put a schwinn pixie chain guard and some blue streamers on it an drive it off a mountain... just kiddin!
great site guys!
Bob

Last edited:
Back