When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hendee Mfg Co. / Indian Motocycle Co. Bicycles Information Thread

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This thread is incredible to read through and HIGHLY recommended. 2nd time through all of it for me. Hours and hours of work sleuthing by the best of the best. Just incredible. Thank you to those willing to help educate like minded individuals like myself.

Like I said on my other post about this bike I question both the fork and badge. I, too, think this is later than ‘18. The headset indicates this as well. The serial might tell us a lot more. Did you happen to ask the seller about it? Be interesting to see if there is any Indian red underneath the blue paint. V/r Shawn

Blue Indian?
Please help identify.
Ok, got this bike unboxed, and got some #s off the bottom in 2 places, and #s off crank. steer tube is 6/3/8" frame 21"
sorry for bad pics, my phones lame, but.. I'll post pics, and numbers. yes there is red paint under blue.. thanks, Bob
Bottom #F4641
Top of crank hanger #32235
Crank#5086W

W 50861379988

Last edited:
I believe the "D" serial would indicate 1926 which if the case would make the badge incorrect. I can't really see the serial in the photo to see if it's typical Westfield. I've never seen a frame this late with a number on top of the bottom bracket. Westfield experts what ye say? Can you see what color is inside the bottom bracket? I see both red and blue on the bearing cups which means that both colors I'm seeing are repaints. Can we see a better pic of that rear fender bridge? V/r Shawn

Last edited:
Blue Indian?
Please help identify.
Ok, got this bike unboxed, and got some #s off the bottom in 2 places, and #s off crank. steer tube is 6/3/8" frame 21"
sorry for bad pics, my phones lame, but.. I'll post pics, and numbers. yes there is red paint under blue.. thanks, Bob
Bottom #F4641
Crank#5086WView attachment 1379988

W 5086View attachment 1379988

View attachment 1379989

View attachment 1379990

View attachment 1379991

View attachment 1379998
Bob I was going to bid on that bike. I bought his Iver Johnson. I'm currently cutting out the bad metal and replacing them with new metal.

DSCN5955.JPG

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Blue Indian?
Please help identify.
Bottom #F4641
Crank#5086WView attachment 1379988

W 5086View attachment 1379988

View attachment 1379989

View attachment 1379990

View attachment 1379991

View attachment 1379998
A couple more pics, the upper fender bridge is tube shaped, looks orange inside the BB. badge holes are offset, could not get a good shot..F46416?

The blue frame looks to me like the road/track frame that westfield/columbia produced for many years. I think those had all 1" main frame tubes, and would have the shallow counterbore for the seatpost "shim", or "duster" as it's called. The fork was probably changed, and the fender cross brace having the boss added to accommodate caliper brakes at some point. I would research the westfield bike, and also the Indian "speedway" (cataloged) bike. Anything is possible with Indian. Witness the Indian/BSA track bike,as shown in this thread a few pages back. I am very fortunate to own one of those myself! Don't give up!!!

The blue frame looks to me like the road/track frame that westfield/columbia produced for many years. I think those had all 1" main frame tubes, and would have the shallow counterbore for the seatpost "shim", or "duster" as it's called. The fork was probably changed, and the fender cross brace having the boss added to accommodate caliper brakes at some point. I would research the westfield bike, and also the Indian "speedway" (cataloged) bike. Anything is possible with Indian. Witness the Indian/BSA track bike,as shown in this thread a few pages back. I am very fortunate to own one of those myself! Don't give up!!!
Sounds encouraging! It came with a fixed gear rear wheel, so could have had a rear brake.. i'm looking at doing a roadster when i restore her.
did these take the westfield double crown fork?
@oldebike55

Back