When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hendee-Nelson Silver King Memorabilia

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

oldspoke

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello All,

A grouping of historic memorabilia, related to Edward Nelson, is changing hands today in New Hampshire. Nelson was briefly a partner of George Hendee and together they offered the Silver King & Queen bicycles as the Hendee Nelson Mfg. Co. They parted company and Hendee went on to create the Indian Motorcycle Co.

"Bluestreak" has made a post of this sale in the Stuff on Craigs List, Ebay, etc. section here on the CABE.

Here is the link https://www.estatesales.net/NH/Keene/03431/1713348

Really cool and historic lot. There is an image of what looks like a jersey with the script Olive across it's front . This looks like a late 90's team jersey for the Olive bicycle . A bit long so I may be wrong here but if it is a cycling jersey it is rare .

Any CABE member{s} attend the sale ? How did the stuff do ?

It is on tomorrow 12/10 as well . A cool accumulation.

Glenn

Here's an 1899 ad for "Olive" bicycle. I think I have another ad showing the bike but need to look. Just don't have time right now.

BookReaderImages.php.jpeg

I ended up buying the collection second hand the day after it sold at the estate sale. Historically important both in bicycle related stuff but also as it relates to Hendee and the motorcycle part which I am more interested in. The quilt has at least 49 different cycling even and manufacturers silk ribbons sewn into it. Very cool. Now trying to find a decent photo of Edward Nelson. There were a few with the collection and one with his name on the back but also looks like George Hendee when he was racing a bicycle with Nelson. Story is that Hendee gave Nelson the trophy when they closed the company but no name on it, just engraved image of a bicyclist.

I ended up buying the collection second hand the day after it sold at the estate sale. Historically important both in bicycle related stuff but also as it relates to Hendee and the motorcycle part which I am more interested in. The quilt has at least 49 different cycling even and manufacturers silk ribbons sewn into it. Very cool. Now trying to find a decent photo of Edward Nelson. There were a few with the collection and one with his name on the back but also looks like George Hendee when he was racing a bicycle with Nelson. Story is that Hendee gave Nelson the trophy when they closed the company but no name on it, just engraved image of a bicyclist.
Congratulations on the purchase! I would love to see some photos of the items, I am also interested in the Hendee side.
Todd

B6F1688E-9DDA-44C0-9004-B7759D21757F.jpeg

I will try to get some photos of the lot in the next few days. Still the photos shown in the estate sale listing show quite a bit.
Randy

Back