When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Henderson Bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yes and no, What I had used on this particular hub was an axle with cone nuts ground down to reduce stack height. On drum side cone was brazed to axle locking it. On opposite side cone locknut was ground down as well. I have a few repop axles from bicyclebones . However as was previously noted I hammered in cups to this unit one cup perfect the other cup pitted and with a radial crack just near bottom 10 loose bearings each side. Tho I have another housing I ain't gonna redo the whole thing again. What I did last night was grind some more in area where weld obstructs bearing area and removed some more of the inner dust shield disc that had survived all these years. If bike tracks straight enough to take hands off the bars while riding ,I can live with that. Gonna take truss bar in to work and straighten + assemble I could compare straight fork leg to see how bad red is bent And I could use FFS -1. I want to move onto 36 bike to lace up a morrow hub.

Have you checked out the ACS hubs they were made in the 70’-80’s for Schwinn cross country wheels prior to mountain bike craze they use heavy gauge spokes. They’re super close for the later Schwinn fore brake. They are shorter cones so they take up less space on the axle?

Back