When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Henderson Bicycle

-
@mrcycleplane , can we. ( me) assume this wonderful. bike has early large fore. Brake - and subsequently it's inner hub design so close to new departure hub that it could use same type axle and cones. ?

That you might want to ask someone more experienced with N D? The pork chop looks basically the same as the fore brake just different shape. The guts I’m sure are very close?

@ mr.cycleplane would clear this up I hope my hub still has drag in it. Or it's too loose. All though I scored what I think is original wheelset for 37 motorbike, the front brake hub is larger dia. AND is laced spoke across tube opening. Matter of fact so is rim I laced up to smaller dia. hub on earlier forebrake.

Hummm might want to check that? Is it 4 cross? Did you start to the left of the valve opening?

I believe on those high low hubs a 4 cross is used on the high side and a 3 cross on the low side is standard.

I laced the one smaller dia forebrake long time ago.Smaller dia. In center section. After I bought O.G. wheelset I noticed the offset on both front wheels. Wheel was not centered in fenders. Just recently I noticed on O.G. drum wheel valve st had been crossed over as well. I had a pile of original Torrington spokes nos and have been transferring them from wheel to wheel. I had meant to show two forebrake one has hub shaped like new departure / while the other is smaller in cross section. But only smaller one I have is on wheel. Axle still has bind in it however .

wow! cool bike mymando! where to start! i have had worse than this and turned it around with a pile of money. basic bones(frame-set) seem strong. shawn covered it well-toss a bunch of stuff and build from there. as is a great ride with a lot of potential! someone asked for date...the morrow hub(i-3 code) seems orig(might be a clue!)-putting this at late 1939(maybe into early 1940-those rims/if orig lobdell). the front drum if it hasn't had cups pounded in could use a very accessible new departure 'w' front axel set(use the 5ball 'w' retainer)-would work great. with patience-you could wait for the black fenders to come along some day-pop up all the time. try a 'wanted ad' here on the cabe. things to do....open up bottom end and read date on crank. get serial number and research it here on the cabe! have fun-solid bike-keep original!!!!!

Last edited:
Back