When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Henderson Bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
@mrcycleplane , can we. ( me) assume this wonderful. bike has early large fore. Brake - and subsequently it's inner hub design so close to new departure hub that it could use same type axle and cones. ?

That you might want to ask someone more experienced with N D? The pork chop looks basically the same as the fore brake just different shape. The guts I’m sure are very close?

@ mr.cycleplane would clear this up I hope my hub still has drag in it. Or it's too loose. All though I scored what I think is original wheelset for 37 motorbike, the front brake hub is larger dia. AND is laced spoke across tube opening. Matter of fact so is rim I laced up to smaller dia. hub on earlier forebrake.

Hummm might want to check that? Is it 4 cross? Did you start to the left of the valve opening?

I believe on those high low hubs a 4 cross is used on the high side and a 3 cross on the low side is standard.

I laced the one smaller dia forebrake long time ago.Smaller dia. In center section. After I bought O.G. wheelset I noticed the offset on both front wheels. Wheel was not centered in fenders. Just recently I noticed on O.G. drum wheel valve st had been crossed over as well. I had a pile of original Torrington spokes nos and have been transferring them from wheel to wheel. I had meant to show two forebrake one has hub shaped like new departure / while the other is smaller in cross section. But only smaller one I have is on wheel. Axle still has bind in it however .

wow! cool bike mymando! where to start! i have had worse than this and turned it around with a pile of money. basic bones(frame-set) seem strong. shawn covered it well-toss a bunch of stuff and build from there. as is a great ride with a lot of potential! someone asked for date...the morrow hub(i-3 code) seems orig(might be a clue!)-putting this at late 1939(maybe into early 1940-those rims/if orig lobdell). the front drum if it hasn't had cups pounded in could use a very accessible new departure 'w' front axel set(use the 5ball 'w' retainer)-would work great. with patience-you could wait for the black fenders to come along some day-pop up all the time. try a 'wanted ad' here on the cabe. things to do....open up bottom end and read date on crank. get serial number and research it here on the cabe! have fun-solid bike-keep original!!!!!

Last edited:
Back