When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Henderson bike year and model??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikefanatic

On Training Wheels
Hello, I always been into bikes and love old classics. Recently came across this bike for sale and I had to pick it up. Can’t really make out the serial numbers and after much resource can’t figure out the approximate year or model. Any help of what this bike originally look like or the year,model would be appreciated, Many thanks! Don’t know if in the future I should try to remove the paint and the purple is definitely not original ; )

DACAF2C7-3841-4187-AAD2-0805AC85CBB0.jpeg

1FCB6D12-C68D-47F7-9B06-BAB357212EA0.jpeg

623C249E-0164-41CE-9E8D-D660592329AD.jpeg

1C9FB985-3B92-48D3-937D-69E7F6DD95E4.jpeg

4661D87D-20D1-41FD-A0B5-9C814C08A34A.jpeg

It's a postwar Schwinn. To find out what year, you will have to start by finding the serial number. That might or might not nail the date for sure, because there were some years where Schwinn re-used serial number sequences. The number is either under the bottom bracket (where the crank lives), or it is on a dropout next to the rear axle. Take a picture of the number if you find it and post it here. The location of the number, and occasionally even the font(!) are clues when the date turns out to be ambiguous. We can probably figure it out. Also ignore online serial number decoder sites. They don't work. There are lists of serial numbers posted here on the CABE that are the best information currently available.

Believe it or not, "Henderson" is not a model. Prior to the time Schwinn started putting oval "Schwinn" badges on everything, there were a gazillion badges with different names on them. They weren't tied to any particular model. "Henderson" could have turned up on almost anything.

Based on what I see, it was probably made sometime between 1945 and the time Schwinn changed most models to middleweights in the early 1950s. That is just a guess. The serial will tell more of the story.

Last edited:
Back