When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Henderson maybe?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Neal405

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hey guys, picked this schwinn up today for 80 bucks. Locking fork, New departure hubs and a Henderson head badge. I'm assuming this is not the original paint but the pro didn't leave a speck of old paint just a little red on the inside of the chain guard. Does anyone have any ideas of what it my be? I was hoping for a autocycle but not sure. It looked like a jag frame with seat but has a skip tooth chain.

Its one of those double serial numbers that says 1952 or 1957. I think I can count out the 57 but I'm stumped on the model. Hoping someone would maybe know from the serial number.

That’s a 46 - 1947... ... definitely not 57 or 52. It can be whatever you want it to be at this point. Badges don’t mean anything as to models. Is it an autocycle? Sure, does that mean anything? Not really with postwar bikes. Could have been the step above base B model since it has the springer. They are all autocycles more or less. Fully equipped it would be a B6.

On your upper fork neck (inside the head-tube); or, inside your bottom bracket (even pop out bearing outer races) you may find your 'main' original color. Secondary color probably an off-white or crème color. the secondary may show on neck as well as the primary.... just sayin' NICE SCORE for that price...

bike was on facebook cheap a while back...I messaged to buy it a few weeks ago.
NO REPLY

Facebook is about as lame as CL is seems like.... flakes

That’s a 46 - 1947... ... definitely not 57 or 52. It can be whatever you want it to be at this point. Badges don’t mean anything as to models. Is it an autocycle? Sure, does that mean anything? Not really with postwar bikes. Could have been the step above base B model since it has the springer. They are all autocycles more or less. Fully equipped it would be a B6.
Thank you for your reply. I'm a newbie when it comes to older model schwinns. The serial number catalog stated 52 or 57 but it seemed older to me. I believe your years are a closer match. Thank you.

On your upper fork neck (inside the head-tube); or, inside your bottom bracket (even pop out bearing outer races) you may find your 'main' original color. Secondary color probably an off-white or crème color. the secondary may show on neck as well as the primary.... just sayin' NICE SCORE for that price...
Thanks, this winter it will be taken apart and I'll check those areas.

Back