When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Henderson Schwinn find - I think it is a '35 or '36

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bfd305

On Training Wheels
Hello - New to the forum. I have had several bikes, and still have several old school BMX, but am way new to the "old bikes".

Picked this one up at an estate sale. Sweet bike and am planning to ride it during the local Tour De Fat. Just trying to get info. I believe it is a 1935 or 36.
Everything looks to have been there for a long time except pedals and tires.

Any info on what is correct and whats not would be great.

I cant find any pictures of any old bike with these straight bars.
Fork lock works and key is there
Seat is worn, but awesome
Horn works pretty good
Wheels look like the rims may have been cleaned up with a wire wheel at some point.
Original paint in pretty good condition
Chrome has expected pitting

IMG_1403.jpg
IMG_1404.jpg
IMG_1406.jpg
IMG_1410.jpg
IMG_1409.jpg

Welcome to the Cabe.
That's a pretty cool estate find but I'm thinking that might be a little later than 35-6. A picture of the serial number under the crank would help in figuring out the year. Until that is known, I'll say the handlebars, stem, pedals, rims, kickstand and definitely the chain guard are not original. Cool piece for the Tour De Fat.

That is a nice estate sale find. Put some comfy bars and a cup holder on there and you will be all set for the Tour de Fat.

This is a Schwinn "C" Model... the straight bars tell you that. I'm thinking this is one of the later years of the "C" model; it is Prewar; early 1940s? 1941.

Pull the grips off carefully and look at the bar and see if they're marked probably flat or closely flat torrington's these were the hot style for a minute it's a weird setup that you have because it also has a drop stem which is going to lower the bars even more...

Nice find!

Pretty sure that is a postwar Shelby or aftermarket guard not Schwinn unit.

Back