When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Henderson X please help with any info

-

Do you like this type of bike?

• Total voters

DJF

Finally riding a big boys bike
henderson 1.jpg
henderson 2.jpg
henderson 3.jpg
henderson 8.jpg

The pictures here are of my Henderson X that I have yet to find any firm any information on, model, production year, production quantity of this model and so on.

Here is what I know for sure. It was from the Northamptons as per the plate that is still on it. It has a winged "Motobike" decal on the tooltank. It was originally powered by a Shaw engine CD, chain drive, kit and was turned back into a bicycle sometime around WWII.

Has a carbide lantern, small front fender skirts (not on at the moment), pannier (not on at the moment), Troxel seat rusted in place. And the bars were nickle plated along with several other parts.

The Shaw kit was completely removed except ironically for the tiny brass extinguisher that was mounted on the frame.

I have the engine but am missing several other pieces.

If anyone knows who could restore this or has any Shaw items like the lower crank/clutch for the chain drive, and rear Shaw coaster brake please let us know.

Thank you very much for reading this and helping.

Last edited:
Crazy to fathom but I am trying to reassemble something from almost 100 years ago.

Nice bike indeed - the license plate is from Northampton, Mass so not from the New York Hamptons if that was what your were thinking.

Nice bike indeed - the license plate is from Northampton, Mass so not from the New York Hamptons if that was what your were thinking.
Excellent to know, yes I had thought NY but as I am from the Midwest I had not considered Mass. I corrected it in the description and again thank you.

It's a 1920s and Just Reminded Me of the Harley Junior I've Been Looking for!!!
On the Pedal,,,,Looks Like an Extension Adapter!!
Cool Bike!!

It's a 1920s and Just Reminded Me of the Harley Junior I've Been Looking for!!!
On the Pedal,,,,Looks Like an Extension Adapter!!
Cool Bike!!
Ok decade of the 20s fantastic, what is great about adapters?

Back