When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Henderson X please help with any info

-

Do you like this type of bike?

• Total voters
Mostly a guess with serial number info.
There are construction and equipment que's that better pinpoint what year/make & model of your bike.
The tank would have most likely been painted to match the color scheme of your bike, so it's probably not original to the bike.
Although it is the type and model used, so not out of the question to be an after market upgrade.

Shaw motor kits was sold separately...unless the badge on your bike says Shaw it’s most likely to be a kit purchased later. I noticed The rear fender Isn’t cut for the sheave and it would have its own gas tank applied to it. No tool box tank I’d say yours would have some clues to it having the real gas tank with strap markings and scratches on the top tube...

Very true, was going off what I had been told when I purchased the bike. What is on it is what I got with it. I think it is to short to have a Shaw engine anyway.

As for the age and value, anyone's guess if I sell it? As no one has yet to show me another early twenties Henderson.

A little late to the party, but I think its probably a 1926 or 27. Scroll over to page 5 of this section and look at the thread ( I just aquired my first really old bike Hibbard badged schwinn) there are several bikes of this age posted.Hope this helps Ron

Ok decade of the 20s fantastic, what is great about adapters?
I had(have?) some adapters...the just extend the pedals out further so they can get caught on stuff easier. I use them for thread chasers!

Back