When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERA... Just Brought It Home

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Well, I bit the bullet and bought it. Thanks to @juvela and all of his research on it (check out the Post from yesterday on the bike), I had to have it.

Quickly took photos before the rain started again. Appears to be all original, right down to the tires. And check out how the fender braces are attached to the frame! Didn't notice that originally. 🧐

Enjoy the barrage!

IMG_7450.jpeg

IMG_7451.jpeg

IMG_7452.jpeg

IMG_7453.jpeg

IMG_7454.jpeg

IMG_7455.jpeg

IMG_7456.jpeg

IMG_7457.jpeg

IMG_7458.jpeg

IMG_7459.jpeg

IMG_7460.jpeg

IMG_7461.jpeg

-----

lug pattern: NERVEX 85/153

bottom bracket shell: NERVEX 3100 serie

fork crown cap: NERVEX Ref. 2595

pump pegs: NERVEX Ref. 845

possible dropouts may be NERVEX pattern Ref. 1012

appears to be marking on lateral face of drive side dropout

possible rack providers: HEBIE, MAYWEG, ESGE

serration pattern of wheel rims suggests they may be Rigida SuperChromix

date estimate: early sixties

would appreciate closeup image of symbol on pedal endcap

-----

@juvela You're an encyclopedia! 😍 Thanks for newer info!

"would appreciate closeup image of symbol on pedal endcap"... They're pretty banged up, but I'll look closer.

@juvela You're an encyclopedia! 😍 Thanks for newer info!

"would appreciate closeup image of symbol on pedal endcap"... They're pretty banged up, but I'll look closer.

non-drive side individual appears undamaged

also please advise should you discover marking on backside of chainwheel, back side of crank arm, faces of bottom bracket cups, centre section of bottom bracket spindle, hub barrels

hubs are not a matched set, although probably both original; front is five-piece steel with lubrication clip and rear is one-piece

advise if you are able to make out any marking on barrels

wheel size appears it may be 650B; rims & tyres should exhibit marking

cycle produced by the Helices Ratier firm who also manufactured aircraft and motorcycle components

-----

Last edited:
@juvela I'll do a more intense viewing for particulars and get back to you.

In a couple of days, I now have this bike... a Raleigh Sports... and a Roadmaster I just purchased, all from the same guy. Three projects!! Once again, in over my head 😬.

@juvela I'll do a more intense viewing for particulars and get back to you.

In a couple of days, I now have this bike... a Raleigh Sports... and a Roadmaster I just purchased, all from the same guy. Three projects!! Once again, in over my head 😬.
Interesting bike…..cool little unique features. I’ll pick up a bike for myself even if it’s not collectible but cool looking! This one has a cool factor. Have fun with your projects.

-----

to make pedal marking more easily read you can dust it with a fine white powder such as pastry flour, confectioner's sugar or talc

-----

Back