When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hercules Birmingham bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

embankment

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I was given this old Hercules bike about 10 years ago. I was in a barn for who knows how long. I realize that it has little to no value. However, I hang onto it because it may make a cool project one day.
I have looked and looked for info to narrow down a date or model.
The badge says Birmingham. Best I can tell that makes it before the 1960s. The crank looks similar to some in an online 1957 catalog.
Looking for a ballpark figure for age and model if possible.
Thank you CABE members?

A4E44AB4-92A8-4394-8C4E-8A787CAD054B.jpeg

ACECD179-5886-4E1B-B621-7C2F2AC3FCBE.jpeg

Check to see if rear hub is dated. I agree with previous post. Get it out into good light and take some decent photos.

After noticing there are many styles of head badges for Hercules I thought that we could pin it down to a year range. Looks like it is much more complicated than that.
I have read that the 3 speed hub is the best way to find an age. Unfortunately the hub is caked with stuff. It may be quite a job to dig it out. Thank you for your input!

I need to double-check, but I believe I've got a Hercules with the same badge. Mine has a 1960 hub and BCC rims IIRC.

Back