When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hercules collector value

-
There use to be a market for these in Boston but that was about 5 years ago. Now a days selling a 3 speed is much harder since most college students in Boston want something lightweight to run up stairs. I sell a few hundred bikes a year off CL in the Boston area last year I blew off all my 3 speeds for $30 a piece and I have yet to buy another 3 speed. But then again it depends on area and city terrain 3 speeds maybe slow sellers here but in Florida maybe not. Bike trends come and go so quick its silly just look at the big fat tire bike craze, then now its Ebikes and gravel grinders. So there might be a day in the future where a hipster decides to ride a 3 speed to his local pub and boom theres a 3 speed market revival.

Mr. Red is correct. I sold my last Raleigh Sports in San Francisco for $75.00 AFTER a full tune-up, and it took a few weeks. Decades ago In Iowa City I could pick up a girls English Racer for a dollar or two at an auction, repack the bearings, patch the tubes, shine it up and sell it in days for $50.00 to $75.00. These bikes are common as fleas, and although they are better quality and not much heavier than aluminum ChiCom Crap, they are sadly unappreciated. And they are geared way too tall for anything other than a pancake flat area. Unless you are in a college town, and can find an appreciative buyer, and are willing to do all your own work to keep your repair skills up you will not make money on these. If it needs new tires and you have to pay retail, you are in the red. I like them and will happily pull one out of a dumpster, put some time and few bucks of bearings and grease into them but they are emphatically not a money maker.

Back