When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hercules collector value

-

Cranky Chain Cycles

Finally riding a big boys bike
This Hercules has been hanging upside down for a few decades. The original owner passed 10 years ago. What drew me in was the potential to be cleaned up. All that chrome and the accessories sold me.

The question is, did I waste part of my paycheck or is this worth putting extra cash and time into? Is there any collector value?

Some new whitewalls would be nice. Maybe this will be a nice winter project. Sorry for the meh pics.

3dac466c52d929210da18a92efaf7e38.jpg
b08d7d7d93767a46e79e512a1eee4d38.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just answered part or most of my questions. I found a 2016 thread that addressed this. Luckily here in Minneapolis we have a bike friendly culture.

I just answered part or most of my questions. I found a 2016 thread that addressed this. Luckily here in Minneapolis we have a bike friendly culture.
well share with us - either post the value or link to the thread you referenced.

Unless you're planning to turn the bike, I wouldn't worry too much money spent. It's not like there's a blue book on these things.
If what you spent got you into what you wanted, then you did good.
It's a cool bike, well appointed - I like the shiny fenders and chain guard - the combined seat and bag are a coup in cool.
Shine her up and give us some more photos...

The market for these multi-speed, caliper brake middle weights has always been rather weak, so finding a buyer will be a challenge. That being said, it should be an easy cleanup and will be a great town/commuter bike. Keep the cost down, clean and shine and ride the heck out of it!

Nice that it still has that period saddle and bag. Those almost always are beat up or missing now, especially the white ones.

Yes...please let us all know what you managed to get the bike for.

$20 off CL. There’s a few eBay ads from $200-500 but that’s wishful thinking. The tires hold air but need replacing. All original otherwise. The market here in Minneapolis isn’t too kind to non-Schwinn. The rear hub is going to need to be rebuilt.

well share with us - either post the value or link to the thread you referenced.

Unless you're planning to turn the bike, I wouldn't worry too much money spent. It's not like there's a blue book on these things.
If what you spent got you into what you wanted, then you did good.
It's a cool bike, well appointed - I like the shiny fenders and chain guard - the combined seat and bag are a coup in cool.
Shine her up and give us some more photos...

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/amf-hercules-nottingham-england.91065/

For $20, you can't lose and the period accessories are pretty cool. These things are fairly indestructible, which probably contributes somewhat to their lack of value. Boston/Cambridge/Somerville has a lot of English roadsters around having spent decades as college commuters, largely stored outside, and sold for about the previous purchase price to their next owner (I usually see them anywhere from $80-250). Seems like they're a low theft risk, too. Better than any big box store POS you'd pay more for. Just because they're not worth a lot of money doesn't mean they're not any good (and vise versa also holds true).

Back