When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

here’s a crazy idea: use a socket

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Crescent wrenches are the most amateur tool ever. I'm sorry, but if i see you using one I'll have a really hard time trusting your mechanical abilities. 1 out of 100 times it's the appropriate tool, unless its something you don't give a crap about.

"I (eye) find that as I age (and my eye's crap out), I have a increasingly more difficult time eye balling nut sizes, so an adjustable wrench is my go to. I used to be able to glance at a nut and immediately know what size it was. boo hoo...."

Funny, but as I age and can't see I notice nuts everywhere I go but around here everyone still considers me the biggest nut. Maybe someday I just wont' be able to here them...

Geeez ! Go to harbor Freight and buy wrenches or ask Santa for some if money is stopping you from getting wrenches.Crescent wrenches and channel locks are useful in certain applications but a proper fitting wrench shows ya know how to use tools. Invest in good tools and you will have them for a lifetime

Ok, this may be in the TMI catagory.
But it always irks me, when I'm taking a piss at a public urinal, and I look down and see the gnarly chow marks on the Sloan valve, from the moron who used an industrial size pair of Channel Locks to make the repair.
The guys at Sloan Valve went to great lengths to triple plate and polish each and every part, to make the most beautiful toilet valve possible, only to have some knuckle dragging plumber F-it all up, because he's too fricken lazy to use the proper size wrench to make the repair!
Ok, now I'm done.
Feeling relieved. Lol!

Geeez ! Go to harbor Freight and buy wrenches or ask Santa for some if money is stopping you from getting wrenches.Crescent wrenches and channel locks are useful in certain applications but a proper fitting wrench shows ya know how to use tools. Invest in good tools and you will have them for a lifetime

Yep, Harbor Freight is where I get my "good tools that will last a lifetime", alright.

Back