When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey Rocket88 I need your help with my Space Cruiser pedal car

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

vmrfixerman

On Training Wheels
I got most of a Garton Space Cruiser from my work and it's missing a few things. You said you have one so I need some info. Details and pics on the steering mechanism because it's gone from the steering wheel to the wheel fork assembly. I'm also missing the front wheel and tire and the caps on the three pointed parts of the body and the dashboard. Can you help an old guy with these?

Here are some photos

9A094C26-0AF7-4BE4-A41B-FAEDA73142B6.jpeg

9B82AD94-E492-4D74-8701-E74372230B6B.jpeg

D604054E-87BD-41C2-8025-9DE55A2C40BA.jpeg

That Sportster appears to be modeled after Jaguar XK 120. Fiberglass body. Very cool. I wonder how many they sold and if any survive

Thanks for the pics folks. Mine is missing the steering wheel, steering shaft, and swivel mechanism that connects those to the front wheel pivoting assembly. I need those items or a very detailed set of measurements and drawings so I can properly replicate them. That's why I was hoping to find someone with one that can guide me. To quote Pink Floyd " Is there anybody out there?" The 1953 catalog shows the steering wheel with the flat part up and the curved part down so I think from that and other pictures I've seen that the steering mechanism is able to turn 360 degrees, like a universal joint, right? Someone with one please give me a shout, and I need a tracing of the metal dashboard so I can hammer out that piece also. THX!

very cool never seen one of these 😎 my brother and i had the kidillac beat the hell out of it !! wish i still had it 🙁

I had the space cruiser, it was restored but I had to disassemble it to ship.

Yes, the steering mech is like a univrrsal joint so you can position the steering wheel in the "up" position for a bigger kid, or the "down" position for a smaller kid.

I took photos for my customer so he could reassemble it when he got it, but doubt I still have the photos. I'll check and if I have them will send to you.

space cruiser dash (2).jpg

space cruiser dash (3).jpg

space cruiser dash (1).jpg

space cruiser (1).jpg

space cruiser (2).jpg

Last edited:
Here's the assembly. These are the only pix I still have. Sending them to you in a PM too. Good luck!

space cruiser (1).jpg

space cruiser (2).jpg

Back