When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey Scott here's another one

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rjs5700

Finally riding a big boys bike
I'm still looking for a set of Delta silver rays.
100_0373-1.jpg
100_0376-1.jpg
100_0362-1.jpg
100_0379-1.jpg

Another

Job well done!!

I know you're not a purist, but if you want to put a "Dayton" putter stem on there I've got a freshly chromed one for ya!!:D

Alan

What is that dangly piece of metal off the rear fender? I've seen them before but never sure what they were. Oh, beautiful job! You sure like long stripes!

JLarkin......the piece of metal is the clip that holds up the drop stand when you are riding. The long stripes are how the Huffman/Daytons were striped during that era.
Alan.....thanks for the offer. If I do another Dayton I might get one of the stems from you. I will probably be selling this one so the stem on it will do.
Thanks, John

Last edited:
Rarer streamliners?

Which streamliners are rarer? The straight back rear tube ones or the curved rear tubes? Marc

Hey Marc......the curved rear stays are the rarest. There are supposedly (according to what I've read and heard) around fifty total super streamlines known. Of that total 8-10 have the curved rear stays. I have no idea how accurate those numbers are.
John

Hi John,
the bike is stunning!!! of course I wouldn't own it since it has the Firestone stem on it!:D
I have heard the similar info Marc around 50 straight streamliners and 8-10 curved. I have no idea how many tankless models. i have photos of most of the ones that have shown up over the last few years of all four different models, but who know for sure. some collectors are very secretive about what they get and then they change color and options and look like a different bike entirely.
anyway really stunning!!
Scott:cool:

Thanks Scott. I tried to tone down the yellow stripes to the color you told me but I think I still got them a little too bright. BTW have you got your new streamline yet?
John

Last edited:
Back