When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey Shawn, Have You Ever Seen a Blue Elgin Motorbike Or Not?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cowboy in NC

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I am a new member here. Shawn, you are an older member with much Bicycle knowledge and a large impressive collection of your own. When you are asked to share some of that knowledge and don`t know the answer- don`t foo-foo the other guy`s bike and move on... say, "I`ve never seen one" or "I`ll try to help you find out". That`s why we are here. If you can`t do that, I suggest you move on to another forum- You`re a Big Boy- START YOUR OWN ! There`s enough negativity in the World- I come here to relax.
Your opinion is respected by the other guys. There are lots of Great Guys (and Ladies) here asking for your help. And every Little guys Bike counts too- whether its Rare or not. Don`t be negative with your posts in the future-
Or I will call you on it with another post similar to this one ...
I will give You another chance... God Bless,---Cowboy
And the correct answer to the question is:
"Yes, I saw a picture of my first one today".

Last edited:
Hey, I like You Guys. I don`t like trouble. I told the Guy up front the Bike was originally Blue. Asked only if he had ever seen one. He hit with a reply that he doubted my claim, and bolted- wouldn`t answer the other questions put before him. Foo- Fooed my durned Bike. The one that I`ve been waiting 30 years to ride. I got nothing against Shawn... Shoot, I`ll even help buy him some glasses.... Cowboy
Tell them about North Carolina Boys...

Gee I thought we only fought on line in my Shelby club
I`m sure Shawn is not a bad Guy. He might have been having a bad day. He will probably never answer another question of mine though.
And that`s kind of sad- because I know he`s a smart guy on bikes. It`s not a fight- but it`s about respect. I am a new member (first posted question) and he should have put his hand out to greet me. I was not impressed by our first encounter but - it is a long road...
I don`t think Shawn cares about this thread. Let it go... I am going to. This thread has gone on too long...-------God Bless,----Cowboy

Cowboy in NC-member less than a month. 29 messages
Freqman1-member almost 8 years. Over 11,000 messages
Cowboy, if you have a beef wirh a senior member, take it off line and don't flame publicly here. It's poor form and makes you look petty.
Believe me, if you are a fan of old bikes Shawn Sweeney is a better friend than enemy.
Gob bless, and welcome to the forum!

I am a new member here. Shawn, you are an older member with much Bicycle knowledge and a large impressive collection of your own. When you are asked to share some of that knowledge and don`t know the answer- don`t foo-foo the other guy`s bike and move on... say, "I`ve never seen one" or "I`ll try to help you find out". That`s why we are here. If you can`t do that, I suggest you move on to another forum- You`re a Big Boy- START YOUR OWN ! There`s enough negativity in the World- I come here to relax.
Your opinion is respected by the other guys. There are lots of Great Guys (and Ladies) here asking for your help. And every Little guys Bike counts too- whether its Rare or not. Don`t be negative with your posts in the future-
Or I will call you on it with another post similar to this one ...
I will give You another chance... God Bless,---Cowboy
And the correct answer to the question is:
"Yes, I saw a picture of my first one today".

Back