When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey Southern CABERS - Plz keep an eye out for Eddie!

-

bikemonkey

I live for the CABE
I live about 45 miles east of Charlotte, NC and was putting out course markers for a 5k foot race last Friday when I this saw this guy under a picnic shelter at a local park.

1572342052272.png

I struck up a conversation with him and his name is Eddie. He is on his way from NYC to CA on his Surly LHT. He decided he got too late of a start so he is now heading to FL.

He spent a couple of days in our area and we got to know each other a little bit. He is a very nice chap - he was a bike messenger in NYC for the last eight years. He still plans to ride to CA in the next year or so.

I tripped Eddie out when I showed him a pic on my phone taken at the same picnic table of my rig a few weeks ago. We both have a bamboo pole attached to our trailers.
1572342529465.png

He had only been at the shelter for a little while and was getting ready to split when I saw him so it was very narrow window of opportunity. I had been at the park an hour earlier but had to return because I need a couple of more signs.

Bonus - I mentioned he should visit Morrow Mountain State Park while he was here, which is about 7 miles away. Monday when he stopped by the shop to say adios, he said that he rode up it with all his gear (#60 plus)...I was like dude, you could have left the trailer at the ranger's office! He said he was a little sore from running the 5K on Friday but it was all good...

So - all you SC, GA, and FL Cabers keep an eye out for Eddie on his way to the Keys! He has little money but never asked for any - he just wants to see the USA via bicycle.

Living his dream...

Back