When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi all! A original paint Sterling Westfield with Clipper tank

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
B

BSAlifer

I just finished greasing and excess rust removal but no touch ups to paint and was stored for 40 years. Stand in rider wheels I made from hubs I have good rolling og wheels stored now. Added pre war chain adjusters for ease of use from a UK bike. Will post some of the barn finds as I clean them up. I am a fabricator and life long BSA BMW no car license motorcycles only guy so riding is my life....or death LOL! Trying to resize pics to post, sorry 1 pic posted 2 times could not find delete func. 1947 by L #
DSCF4422[1].JPG

DSCF4425[1].JPG

DSCF4419[1].JPG

DSCF4415[1].JPG

DSCF4419[1].JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, and Welcome.

The Sterling looks to be a 1945 or 1946. If you want to post the serial number, we can date it.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Thanks everyone. I will add these for reference as it was pictures of this bike that drew me here. Life's a trip like that!
Looking for good westfield any brand frame like this to build up as well with TA skip tooth as I have a huge stack of 5 screw-2ba crank sprockets and ccm triangle taper crank.
The serial number is an L series which showed as a '47, very well spray painted at factory must have been a monday or tues my guess :o) workers were paying attention LOL!
Steve
DSCF4424[1].JPG

DSCF4417[1].JPG

Some things I wanted to ask were is there an archived brand variation production count record?
Who ordered the Sterling variations and what years?
Did they ever come with tank graphics?
You know the most impossible to answer type questions LOL!
I used to think there were a lot of mass produced balloon tire bikes but then I researched Westfield and they account for a great handfull of small bike sellers. Masterful business plan, they are all Westfield Columbia's to me. Although this '36- '38 clipper tank has less space around it with this '47 frame jig they used. Shortened frame by 1" it seems.
S

You will find no such production records. The best you might find is total Westfield production for the year.

Well, mr crazy just got onto ebae and now I have this challenge on the way! Will be good paired with the red Westfield. Offer was over 400. but the shipping was very good and fingers crossed I don't need to fab or source the missing bits forever. Ad said 1953 Roadmaster but lacking springs on front trusses?, rear rack stay maybe, a fender stay, headlight, tons of missing org bolts more derusting than the red westie 4 sure but the rear wheel stays wow, industrial deco
roadmaster.jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

design art that is. Critique away! who else was eyeing this or thought it was too much? I will post good pics when it arrives. No pedals, I have a spare set of wheels if needed spokes look harsh. Think it is blue but colourblind am I :( cue 6million dollar man inspiration theme. Looking at it it looks more 40's even prewar to me but I am a Canuck everything rusts away up here.
Steve

Back