When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi my Grandpap has a 1883 American Star bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Not open for further replies.
Step one to alienating those who would help you (see posts above). It always amazes me how someone can spend a few days on the Internet and learn more than someone who has been studying these machines for many years.

First its been 2 months not 3 days 2nd how many of you actually seen a 1881 AS not in a musuem id say not to many even most of the antique bike shops i called didnt even no abouot this bike and like i said ive spent 2 months finding this information out i hate when people act like they no just like the guy that said they ALL came with brakes thats a false statement and he supposed to no about these lol he didnt even no first years models never came with brakes look it up

The name "American Star" was derived from the double star-shaped spoke pattern on the earliest models. The front wheel diameter was about 18 inches, while the rear wheels went from 42 inches to 60 inches. Initially the American Star was slow to gain acceptance. Customers initially complained about the non-adjustable spoke riveted into the rims, very heavy frame of solid steel and the lack of a brake. The 1882 model made improvements and eventually American Star bicycles featured all the refinements of the ordinary (penny farthing) bicycles with hollow frames and rims, tangential spokes, and improved saddles.

Well I’ll be honest I don’t know anything about these bikes. Pretty cool though! Sounds like all of you guys are pretty well versed on this stuff, just some miss or missed information somewhere. Remember you guys are on the same team. Also there are schemers every where, but also some pretty good guys here on the CABE! Welcome. Anthony

Thanks Anders i no man i wasnt on here to cause an argument but for someone to tell me after all the research and people ive talked to and books ive read on this to tell me about this specific years model is laughable yea im sure alot of people no about american star bikes but dont come on here and tell me what i have the spokes tell you all u need to no on what year it is because they only made them in the 1881 model and those 100% are non adjustable spokes rivited into the rims just a few jealous people on here that hate life and hate when people have something rare. Like i said craig show me pitures of another american star rim that looks like that. Also Anders there are alot of nice people on here just a few bad apples but you have that everywhere proof is in the pudding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back