When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hiawatha Arrow

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
What a cool survivor.
Heck, I'd even be tempted to leave the training wheels on it.
Tell your buddy, we all said congratulations, and welcome to the old bike hobby.

There are two pairs he got with it. You'll need both as the rubber is gone off two of the four wheels :)

Congrats to your buddy on the find, and to you for being the type of guy to help him get it ride ready!

Spent a little time after work tonight cleaning out the seat post tube, little polishing on the post and the seat went on fine. Steering stem bolt loosened easily, a few whacks on the bolt head with a wooden mallet and it freed right up. Stem lifted easily with a little twisting while pulling up on it. Seems like a pretty short stem ? Pinch bolt for the handlebars had been slightly abused with a pliers or vise grip at some point but it came loose after tapping a six point socket onto it. Handlebar moves up and down now. Chain guard is missing the bracket that goes around the front downtube so we'll have to fab one after finding a pic of what it should look like. The rear bracket w/screw and center clip are affixed properly. Cool how they incorporated the little window in the guard at the rear to allow access for the axle adjusting screw. Thus far everything I've tried has unscrewed without even needing penetrating oil, impressive for the age. Was told it lived indoors all it's life so probably true ? Noticed both wheels say Lobdell on the hoops. Hoping to pull the wheels later this week so that a friend at the local bike shop can disassemble them and order all new spokes. Would do it myself but work is busier than it's ever been for me so no time. Hubs will be gone through too. They've also got a chain and master link they said we can get. Our bike shop guys are the best, so generous and helpful. I stop on a Saturday now and then just to drink coffee and hang out to talk bikes and they put up with me :) If you're ever in Appleton, Wisconsin do stop by Active Bike & Fitness. Mark and Chuck are awesome. Few more pics before the sun went down, looks more like a bike now that the pieces are attached rather than just stuck or hung on. Oh, and if anyone happens to have the rear (straight) stay/brace for the front fender we could use one ? PM with what you'd like for it if so. Thank you all for your interest in the Arrow and the kind words/compliments. My friend is grateful.
Hiawatha 5.png
Hiawatha 6.png
Hiawatha 7.png

There are two pairs he got with it. You'll need both as the rubber is gone off two of the four wheels :)
I was just giving Jarod a hard time. The last two times that he came to visit us out here on the west coast, he bailed. He wiped out pretty darn bad this last time.

Ouch, sorry to hear of Jarod's mishap. Until we get a rear drop stand on there those training wheels are coming in handy. The front wheel is entirely missing 3-4 spokes in a row, rear is missing some too, also a number of bent ones in both wheels. Being the owner is a senior citizen intent on riding it I feel it's best to have good spokes. We'll save any good ones. We don't scrap anything useful from old bikes because they don't make the stuff anymore, not even ladies/girls frames ! I personally don't part out the girls bikes either, pass them on intact, new owner can do as they please when it's theirs.

Back