When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hiawatha help

-
B

Brentville

I just got this Gamble's Hiawatha and don't know much of anything about it. The serial number from the bottom bracket is B30804. Does that clue anyone in on year or model? Hard to tell from the headbadge but it's got that big train on it in green and red.

I alternate from thinking it's a rusty heap of junk to be parted out to thinking it's the coolest bike I've ever seen and not wanting to change a thing (except my clothes after riding it because it's so rusty)

Photo0005hia11-1.jpg

Photo0002hi-1.jpg

Honestly there's nothing on that bike that is worth the effort of parting it out. Anything you take off of it will probably make the rest just a heap of parts you cant get rid of. That's the kind of bike that's worth more as a rider. It doesn't take up that much space, so keep it around for when you want to have a 'tetanus' themed ride or something.

In trying to date mine

A Gambles Midweight. All we came up with was a 1958 that was similar but not exact. However mine has so many differences I would suspect that even the manufacturer is Different. Any chance you could email or post more pics? I also have a CWC Hiawatha and seem to gravitate towards them!

http://www.thinkdrip.com/ A link to the Before

A pic of the final product (pics hide alot of flaws!)

Attachments

• DSCF2471 (Large).jpg
    DSCF2471 (Large).jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 63
Nice job

on the restoration! I could post more pics of mine but it would reveal no further detail as it is so rusty that you can't really even tell the color or the trim or anything.

The rear rack seems to be chrome cause the big blue box it is sitting on sort of protected it.

Not sure what I'll do with this one.

Back