When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hiawatha info?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

James nash

Finally riding a big boys bike
Can anyone tell me what I got here. I payed $40 for it. So far I know it's a 1964ish and the grips and seat look to be wrong. The bike was painted red an it looks to be on top of a original pearl reddish color underneath. Does that sound right? And the name badge was painted white and when I removed it there was nothin underneath. Any reason why? Any info on bike is much appreciated. Thanks guys or gals.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 94
Can anyone tell me what I got here. I payed $40 for it. So far I know it's a 1964ish and the grips and seat look to be wrong. The bike was painted red an it looks to be on top of a original pearl reddish color underneath. Does that sound right? And the name badge was painted white and when I removed it there was nothin underneath. Any reason why? Any info on bike is much appreciated. Thanks guys or gals.

Any info????????????????

It does look a lot like that amf. I believe it might be.i was told it was a Hiawatha when I bought it but the badge is just chrome and doesn't show anything. what year is your bike? Have any more pics?
Any other thoughts from anyone?

That my friend is an early '60s Huffy. Looks similar to the '61 Monark I have (Huffy built)

Kinda funny! First I'm told it's an early 60s Hiawatha. Then I'm told its probably a amf. Then I'm told its a huffy! Ha ha dam I know there all kinda the same but I kinda wish I could pin point what it is. Are they just a tough bike too find out exactly what it is. Thanks for all your guys info but I'm not sure who's right. Lol.

Huffy

OK, I took some time on this and my answer still stands at Mid 1960's (1964ish) middleweight built by Huffy. Seat & grips not correct, probably originally had a rear rack. Here's a comparison pic why I still say Huffy & this took some time to do so here it is. Keep in mind I am NOT an expert on these middleweights & hopefully a real expert will weigh in. You might want to post the SN.

Also that AMC Flash (not AMF Flash) rideahiggins posted looks Huffy built to me. I have a 1961 Huffy badged Eldorado with the same tank, same exact graphics on fork, & same chainring. I have NEVER seen that chainring or chain guard on an AMF bike. I even went back & looked through every AMF bike pic from this era I have saved & on google, nada/none have it. Both are on various Huffy built bike pics.

The frame is what has really thrown me off on this bike & looks like a taller frame than I've normally seen on mid 1960's Huffys but I think that is exactly it, it is a taller frame version. It even has an extended seat post.

On the Hiawatha name, Hiawatha bikes were sold by Gambles Department Store exclusively. They did not build bikes but bought them from various manufacturers such as Huffy, Murray, Shelby, etc. throughout the years.

OK experts, go ahead & rip this apart as I'm looking to learn too, but to me this appears to be a Huffy manufactured bike.

hiawathahuffy_zps4c6e0c33-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back