When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hiawatha info?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
SN is located on the lower left rear dropout area and is w343886. Hope this helps to identify what it is. Thanks

So I scraped off the paint on the chain guard and it says jc Higgins. Anyone think it may be a jc Higgins or just a chain guard thrown on a different bike?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 52
Ok some info I have been reading after revealing the jc Higgins chain ring and SN makes me to believe that this bike is a 1963 jc Higgins built by huffy! Any other thoughts to my thinking? Thanks.

J.C. Higgins was what Sears branded their bicycles. Most of the time Murray built them, but sometimes you'll find a Huffy or two.

Ok some info I have been reading after revealing the jc Higgins chain ring and SN makes me to believe that this bike is a 1963 jc Higgins built by huffy! Any other thoughts to my thinking? Thanks.

James, I think you now know what you have. A JC Higgins built by Huffy only sold at Sears and 1963 fits. A Huffy built JC Higgins is a pretty rare bike as classicfan1 said, usually you just see JC Higgins Murray built bikes. Keep in mind pretty rare doesn't always translate into more dollars when it comes to 1960's bikes but it does make it very NEAT!!!!!!!!!!! Do you plan on trying to strip off the other paint to see decals or striping? Are you planning to try to restore it?

Thanks classicfan1 And Yeah Gary I do plan on stripping all the paint off of it. I believe that's what makes this hobby fun. I'm just getting my ccm put back together cause I just got done locating all the parts for that and cleaning it up. So I haven't had time to mess with the huffy yet! I had just decided to scrape on the chain guard a little cause it looked like there was a decal and behold there was. Yeah can't wait to get the rest of it stripped.

So do you know we're I could get a photo of this bike? I have know idea what the badge is suppose to look like. Mine was all chrome.
And did it have a tank possibly?
Or a rear rack? And if so what did it look like?
Would be nice to have a photo. Anyone have an idea?
Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Back