When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hiawatha is it a Shelby and or a CWC

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Shelby with the older chain guard,(40's) Later sprocket and perhaps new wheels/fenders. Maybe seat orig. but bars/stem look original. Krate Orange!
C89161 below, very very close to your number.
View attachment 1304652
I recognize that frame! Lol. And it also has a shock ease fork, the same style chain guard, and rack too!

Looks like yours will make a nice project

Also, mine is guesstimated as a 1940-41 for what that’s worth

@Just Jeff ....The Serial # for your frame JJ is correct?
My serial is very close to this one...

That picture of the bare metal bb is mine. And that number is close to the o.p. bikes serial number. So mine was 22 frames before his is.

When I bought my Hiawatha some 15ish years ago at the LB Cycle Swap a gentleman out there guesstimated it was a 1940. So I’ve always gone with that assumption on the year.

Oh, thought there was a 3rd bike sense @SKPC posted the bare metal frame.

Last edited:
That picture of the bare metal bb is mine. And that number is close to the o.p. bikes serial number. So mine was 22 frames before his is.

When I bought my Hiawatha some 15ish years ago at the LB Cycle Swap a gentleman out there guesstimated it was a 1940. So I’ve always gone with that assumption on the year.
LB Cycle Swap, lol, I used to live in San Pedro. My bike comes from St. Louis area. I bought it about 30 miles West of the city.

Back