When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hiawatha Silver Chief

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Everybody who replied,
Thanks for sharing your knowledge and info.
Josh

Glad to help. I have an NOS Hiawatha handlebar tag for your bike. Has the same indian head logo on it. PM me if interested.

Very cool!
Found some info that was helpful with the Silver Chief in my life- because of this thread I now know the year it was built. Nice to see another one of these in the Central Michigan area!

This light has been posted on CL here in Detroit for a while. I don't know if this would be correct for your bike, but it would look great on that front fender!

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/bik/2855987852.html

1322512900-725.JPG_m.jpg

5vi-1.jpg

This is the original headlight on the '57 Silver Chief I have. I can't make out the name stamped onto the top because of the rust (and I do NOT want to disturb that patina!:cool:) but it looks like it might say Dietz, who were a big supplier of headlights to the auto industry for many years.

Attachments

• 5-vi.jpg
    5-vi.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 165
You're likely right. I can only make out a letter or two through the rust.

Just had an idea... I should be able to put a piece of paper over the embossed name, and go over it with a pencil- should be able to make out what's stamped onto the housing that way.:D

Back