When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hiawatha Silver Jet

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Evans200

I live for the CABE
In Memoriam
Just purchased this middleweight, and it's on the way. I'm seeking any information other collectors may have on this model, mostly the year. I know the Hiawatha was sold by Gamble's Department Stores. A thorough google search turned up next to nothing. If anybody has some 1960's Gamble's catalogs to look through, I'd be very grateful. All my bikes have license plates, so determining the year of this oddball is important to me. I bought a 64 chrome plated Sears Spaceliner Deluxe a couple months ago, and so this chrome plated Silver Jet will look good next to it, and on rides. There can't be too many of these floating around, and I appreciate any thoughts and opinions from others!
s-l1600 (3).jpg

HEY HEY THIS IS HENRY FROM HENDERSON....I USED TO BUY MY SPORTING EQUIPMENT FROM A GAMBLES IN VILLA PARK ILL. BACK IN THE 50'S...THEY CARRIED A FEW BIKES THEN BUT NOTHING LIKE THIS ONE OF YOURS...THE PROBLEM THEN AND NOW IS TO KNOW WHO ACTUALY MANUFACTURED THE BIKE...I HAVE A NICE CRUISER WITH THE HIAWATHA EMBLEM ON THE FRONT OF A TRAIN FROM BACK IN THE DAY...FROM THE 1930'S TILL THE 60'S SOME BIKES WERE MADE BY CHICAGO WELDING, SHELBY,MURRAY,HUFFMAN, AND CLEVELAND WELDING.....GOOD LUCK AND LET THE WORLD KNOW WHICH IS WHICH...

Hi Henry. This bike came from Minnesota, which is also the state where Gambles was headquartered. It has a Gambles decal on the seat tube, along with a model number starting with WG6. The serial number on the left dropout starts with "N". But I haven't been able to I.D. the manufacturer. Leon Dixon of the NBHAA says it's a 1962-63 top of the line Hiawatha. I haven't opted yet for his Official NBHAA Detailed Report yet, but probably will as a last resort.

Back