When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hiawatha Silver Jet

-
Great bike. Late 50's early 60's is my favorite era in almost anything.
Same here! My bikes range from 51-64. I like prewar as well but most are out of my price range. Owned many 50's and 60's cars as well over the years, at least 40 of them, when they were cheap!

Same here! My bikes range from 51-64. I like prewar as well but most are out of my price range. Owned many 50's and 60's cars as well over the years, at least 40 of them, when they were cheap!

I love the style also! I have a rare, one-year only style 1963 Huffy Silver Jet being re-chromed as I type. Full ground up restoration and nothing less. Chrome, with gold tank, chain guard, and rack. The painted parts have black and white graphics. The tail light lens resembles a late 50's Dodge or Desoto, or maybe a 1958-65 Impala. It has 3 red bullets on the lens.

The grips are white, seat is also white w/ silver seam and chrome crash rail. The rack has chrome wire fins like a '59 Cadillac or a '58 Plymouth. The tank has chrome metal graphics with the Huffman "H" stamped in them. The bike is equipped with chrome dual tank-lights and a chrome springer front rack.

I love the style also! I have a rare, one-year only style 1963 Huffy Silver Jet being re-chromed as I type. Full ground up restoration and nothing less. Chrome, with gold tank, chain guard, and rack. The painted parts have black and white graphics. The tail light lens resembles a late 50's Dodge or Desoto, or maybe a 1958-65 Impala. It has 3 red bullets on the lens.

The grips are white, seat is also white w/ silver seam and chrome crash rail. The rack has chrome wire fins like a '59 Cadillac or a '58 Plymouth. The tank has chrome metal graphics with the Huffman "H" stamped in them. The bike is equipped with chrome dual tank-lights and a chrome springer front rack.
WOW! I'd love to see pics of it when you're finished. I'm sure I've never seen one before.

WOW! I'd love to see pics of it when you're finished. I'm sure I've never seen one before.

1963 was the only year that the Silver Jet came in those colors, with that rack/chaunguard/sprocket combo. A very rare combination. I've seen one other. Both that one and mine are women's bikes. No men's bikes have surfaced.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Can you post a pic of one?

I'll do better. I'll post a pic of my wreck, before I took it apart, and I'll scan the dealer catalog's photo of what it looked like when new. The sad part is, it sat for over 5 years before I got off my butt and decided to finally restore it. Money was an issue before, as it had to be completely re-chromed. It was peeling it was so bad.

I am restoring the hardware and front fender today.

Back