When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hiawatha Strato-liner headlight

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Vegegravy

On Training Wheels
I am looking for a headlight for an early 60’s Haiwatha Strato-liner. Here is a picture of a similar bike with a headlight I found online, and I also included a picture of the front of my bike to show the mounting screw-hole in the center.

FBDB7E60-63BC-48A9-AA2A-553D9FC51AA9.jpeg

7DBC2DE8-66A6-4BF5-AE24-1C44D54E447E.jpeg

4F3D5775-AD51-45B7-BC7F-ADA7E7840663.png

Both of the bikes you've shown were built by AMF but yours has the earlier style front to the tank. The later ones were plastic and I've seen re-pops on Ebay that look like they were 3-D printed. Yours is all metal stampings I believe, and there may not have been a light. Here's another bike built by AMF with the same tank, but you can see the reflectors for the lights are stamped into the front piece, where yours looks flat. Maybe a reflector?
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/need-help-finding-info-for-amf-texas-ranger-restoration.126019/

I'd look around for more pictures of AMF tank bikes from the right period, you may find a good example showing the original set-up on your bike. I'm guessing it may have had a reflector, but I don't know for sure. If you decide to go with that, I'd look on Ebay or check the local auto parts store. Any place that sells parts for trailers usually has a selection of various reflectors.
Does yours have any light switches like the Texas Ranger?

Here’s a picture of the top of my tank. It has one big button which I just assumed was for a horn. I’m not sure why I made that assumption. I assume the holes in the top of my tank shows that I’m missing something. Once again, thanks for your help!

26035E5F-9F7A-44B7-B2F5-2107309C45CC.jpeg

These earlier versions don't seem to be as common as the later versions, and it's interesting to see the differences between the two bikes. Thanks for posting!

Back