When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hiawatha train badge, Murry built, not Shelby!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Simple except for finding another one, Murry used a different badge maker than Shelby for their Hiawatha badges, probably local to each ones factory but I need another one for another Murry/Hiawatha and they are not as common as the Shelby version. slightly different profile ( as shown in some previous pics ) so a outline shows on OG paint frame.

Last edited:
Seems like the easiest way to tell the difference is in the word GAMBLE'S, the one I'm looking for has the A frame style A ( not round top ) and the S is straight up not angled, also has a little mustache!, the ONE ON THE RIGHT is what I'm looking for, the Murry version!
1643913732535.png
1643914759448.png

Last edited:
Noticed some differences in the letters in the word Hiawatha. The dot for the “i” is closer to the “H”. And the letters i, a, w, t, h, and a, all appear to have flat tops (versus angled).
Also, the number of railroad ties shown in front and under the front of the train, as well as how the ties are separated.

Reactions: mrg
Ya, a lot of differences when you see them side by side but the most noticeable seems like the Gambles lettering and the mustache in the center of the train!, the big loop around the top river too!

Still looking for another one of these Murry built Hiawatha badges!
1656913815717.png

Back