When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hiawatha Vanguard

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Billythekid

I live for the CABE
Just got this as a throw in on the Schwinn I just bought I have the original wheel set also. the one in the pic is a Bendix automatic 2 speed kick back it’s the first time I used one and I really like it a lot . Also I have the chrome fenders And tank it really needs a oil bath as it has been sitting 5 years but the tires held air in the pair of wheels on the bike . The original wheels r missing the tubes but has nice white wall tires. I am wondering what the original seat looks like if anyone has a pic

A30C8B83-E5EE-4CCB-A98E-109B6E870D9C.jpeg

217D89E2-6EB0-40C3-8116-7D14CBA818A2.jpeg

4B348327-EE45-4E21-8500-981381853965.jpeg

94F7B5A7-89AB-463A-99E2-2A22BD149ACB.png

Murray serial #s are not well defined between 1960-64. MO-T is likely the date code, but this style frame wasn't made until '58. 'WG' is a Murray code for a built for Gambles' stores bike. The 3 might indicate '63.

The “T” may be for Tennessee, (i.e., the move in 1956); the “W” - when part of a “WG” - might not then be for 1957.
There was a time when the “WG” codes moved from the bottom bracket to the left drop out. Not sure if “WG” was also used for Western Auto’s bicycles.

Last edited:
The “T” could also have been for 1961.

The barrel reinforcement lug at the seat post cluster seems to be a carry over from earlier Murray frame designs; have to double check my later middleweight to see it was still used.

Back