When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hiawatha year?

-

kerm

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hi,
I found this bike amount my late grandfather’s things and was wondering if someone could help me date it as well as a possible value?
Thanks in advance,
Katie

Look for an alpha-numeric stamp either on the left side of the frame where the rear axle bolts to the frame or on the bottom where the crank goes through the frame. Post a picture of that.

Reactions: mrg
Good clean-looking condition. Sellers can always start high and lower prices later.

The "H" prefixed serial number might have additional markings to the right (left if upside-down), which may provide amplifying information on the year.
Check-out the CWC serial numbers thread for many examples and information.

Last edited:
Good clean-looking condition. Sellers can always start high and lower prices later.

The "H" prefixed serial number might have additional markings to the right (left if upside-down), which may provide amplifying information on the year.
Check-out the CWC serial numbers thread for many examples and information.
Hi Archie,
I couldn’t find any more numbers on the bike. Does the H at the beginning of the serial number at least narrow down the search to a decade ? Or at least exclude any possibility of it being from the ‘40s?

thanks for your help,
Katie

Nice CWC Hiawatha but most of the "Money" parts gone, missing OG seat, rack, chain guard & tank, only the springer left, family bike, I'd air it up and ride and think of your grandfather!

Nice CWC Hiawatha but most of the "Money" parts gone, missing OG seat, rack, chain guard & tank, only the springer left, family bike, I'd air it up and ride and think of your grandfather!
If only I had the time that would be such a nice idea! Unfortunately my grandfather left behind about four buildings PACKED full of stuff so I’m just trying to keep my head above water and not freak out thinking about the leaking roofs and live-in raccoons slowly destroying everything. Soooo mostly just want to know a fair price on it so someone who has the time and space can enjoy it before it gets in worse shape.

The springer fork looks like a 1948-51 patent and the seat post clamp looks like a 1951-55 patent.
The serial numbers chart on the thread cited in an above post might narrow the date down to about a 3 month window; (with a lower 12k number probably indicating the earliest month).

Last edited:
Back