When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hiawatha

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

COB

Wore out three sets of tires already!
[email protected]

Can anybody date this Hiawatha? The seller had it posted for $400 a couple of days ago. Someone apparently sent the seller a reply telling him that it was a pre- war bike and the seller raised the price to $600.

Not sure how to post the link but the bike is on Indianapolis Indiana Craigslist.

Whoever told him prewar is wrong. Bike is postwar, judging by the headbadge number he posted, it's a 52 or 53. Not worth more than $200 in my opinion.

LOL,just a bike to take up room.Would not give anything for it.OK maybe $50.

It's actually a bike I would love to own. But a much nicer example. I have everything but the fenders for it. I'd consider it for a sixth of the price because I do have the missing pieces. I agree though, it's early 50's.

He says because its a skip tooth its pre-war, I know I have owned at least a 1955 OG skip tooth bike, anyone had anything newer with skip tooth ?

I've pretty much given up on my faith in humanity looking at Craigslist these days. More and more postings are out right misleading / lies, or completely insane descriptions and prices. It's like it's open season on our fellow man. I used to email these people and try and educate them.......waste of time and effort. Lost causes most of them. I could post 100 links on here a day of stuff that is just so "Wrong" on CL .....you really have to wade through alot of sewage to hit on an honest seller or description.
Antique bicycles have been bumped up to 1990s now..........good news if you're into "antiques" I guess. Anything goes. Yikes!

CWC used skip tooth until around 1954 when they switched to the AMF style frame.

Back