When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

High low forebrake question.... check out yours... which way

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

BFGforme

riding my 42 defense model Bf Goodrich
Received a couple high low forebrakes last week, thanks again Jay @1817cent for the killer deal, question is why is schwinn script on one facing one way, brake side and other is facing small side? I have another one but it's being trued right now.... here's pics... I know only made couple years, but change each year or one was a Friday stamping... LoL

Any ideas? I know it's dumb, but thought it was weird....

I agree. Have no idea except maybe one was made on Monday??
About to go drive across town and look at the other one at the bike shop, not sure why, but you know how some stupid little things bug you.....

What really gets me is that I have 2 other bike's with high flange forebrakes on them and one is too crusty to see and the other has been rechromed and it's buffed out.... LMFAO

One is for the export market. It’s so automobile drivers can always read Schwinn from the street.
😉
Low facing side for left hand drive... haha, I know horrible problem to have, having so many...

Received a couple high low forebrakes last week, thanks again Jay @1817cent for the killer deal, question is why is schwinn script on one facing one way, brake side and other is facing small side? I have another one but it's being trued right now.... here's pics... I know only made couple years, but change each year or one was a Friday stamping... LoLView attachment 1437960
View attachment 1437961

View attachment 1437962

Any ideas? I know it's dumb, but thought it was weird....
Perhaps not so much a function of the day of the week that it was made, but maybe whether it was stamped before or AFTER lunch at the pub …. ; )

Back