When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

high quality Motobecane mixte Reynolds 531, Stronglite, Huret Jubilee

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

WVBicycles

Finally riding a big boys bike
My old man scored a couple of Motobecanes last week in a bulk buy of bikes and we got this Motobecane Mixte 10 speed which looked like a normal mixte from a distance but is super high quality up close. The bike has a Reynolds 531 frameset, Stronglite crankset, Stronglite competition headset, Pivo stem, Pivo bars, Weinmann Vanquer centerpulls and a full Huret Jubilee group including the rare long cage version of the Jubilee rear derailleur. I had a bunch of the Huret Jubilee stuff before including short and long cage rear derailleurs and they fetch really good money.My main question is has anyone seen a mixte of this high quality from Motobecane before and if so is there a model to search for or was this built up possibly special order. Thanks for any info.

37262080132_9799665290_z.jpg
37035736930_d032665cf1_z.jpg
36621919453_87deeb20ba_z.jpg
37291674731_6e08c0d113_z.jpg
37291677321_5fc3cebc3d_z.jpg
36621926563_3724cc770f_z.jpg

My old man scored a couple of Motobecanes last week in a bulk buy of bikes and we got this Motobecane Mixte 10 speed which looked like a normal mixte from a distance but is super high quality up close. The bike has a Reynolds 531 frameset, Stronglite crankset, Stronglite competition headset, Pivo stem, Pivo bars, Weinmann Vanquer centerpulls and a full Huret Jubilee group including the rare long cage version of the Jubilee rear derailleur. I had a bunch of the Huret Jubilee stuff before including short and long cage rear derailleurs and they fetch really good money.My main question is has anyone seen a mixte of this high quality from Motobecane before and if so is there a model to search for or was this built up possibly special order. Thanks for any info.

View attachment 681966 View attachment 681967 View attachment 681968 View attachment 681969 View attachment 681970 View attachment 681971

A very nice production bicycle.

The brakes were the only real upgrade needed, but not needed.

Looks like Weinmann 313 rims(with dimples) in 27".

That rim was only available in the mid/late -1970's.
My Dawes,purchased in 1974 came with them.

The Huret Jubilee is one of the lightest rear derailleurs ever produced.

In my opinion, keep it whole.

A very nice production bicycle.

The brakes were the only real upgrade needed, but not needed.

Looks like Weinmann 313 rims(with dimples) in 27".

That rim was only available in the mid/late -1970's.
My Dawes,purchased in 1974 came with them.

The Huret Jubilee is one of the lightest rear derailleurs ever produced.

In my opinion, keep it whole.
fwiw, my Weinmann CPs with Kool Stop Dura 2 cartridges stop as well as my Paul Touring Cantis (defining this as wheel lockup is completely sufficient), and even modulate almost as well
XBXKOkI.jpg

Installed properly (per the instructions), these brake cartridges will self-align and self-toe.

I also believe my Paul moon straddle cable yokes give the best possible force vector in braking.
(and what they really do is make CP brake adjustment a 2-hand instead of 4-hand project)
KZ9MDRn.jpg

Last edited:
Back