When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HIGHLY MOTIVATED - Davis Sewing, Huffman, Huffy

-

Daytonman

Look Ma, No Hands!
I am HIGHLY MOTIVATED to purchase almost anything Davis Sewing, Huffman, or Huffy related, especially original literature or head badges. For a variety of reasons, I'm not in a position to purchase actual bicycles. And I don't have the mechanical talent or instincts to do restorations so parts and such aren't something I need.

Original catalogs, advertising items, or head badges are definitely desired.

With regard to head badges, below are the best versions of the badges I have. I am interested in any available that I am missing, or of those I have, any in better condition.

For badges, in particular I am looking for examples - in good condition - of the following:

Davis Dayton
Davis Snell
Davis Yale
Davis National

Huffman Snell
Huffman National (any version)
Huffman Davis Flyer
Huffman Shooting Star
Huffman Zephyr (with train)

Huffy Convertible

I understand how rare and expensive good condition examples of these are, but if you've got a price, I'm interested. I don't have unlimited resources, but I'll meet it if I can.

Same goes for catalogs. If you're willing to part with something for a price, give me the price! Again, I'll meet it if I can.

Thanks!

Mark Huffman

20200628_130518.jpg

20200628_130848.jpg

20200628_130957.jpg

20200628_131100.jpg

Last edited:
Kansan and I traded some images and he's got a National of Bay City Michigan badge. These things are virtually identical, and he wasn't aware of the sale to Davis sometime in the teens. That's why we CABE.

View attachment 1255831
1916 was the last year of production for National Cycle Co. of Bay City, Michigan. In late 1916 Davis purchased the "National" line of bikes from the National Cycle Co. of Bay City, Michigan. Davis kept the National head badge design but changing the name of the city in which the bikes were built. Davis even kept painting the "National" line of bikes the National blue color.

Back