When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

His and Hers schwinn Corvettes

-
While we're looking at details, why does the lettering on the women's chain guard look bigger than on the man's?

I believe the front fender had been swapped out. I noticed that the brace was bolted and not riveted.

Here's my original 55 girls chain guard decal.

And this is my boys 55. Something fishy going on with the placement.

My '56 Corvette and my '59 Speedster both have the cable for their two speed hubs clamped to the axle stay.

My '56 Corvette and my '59 Speedster both have the cable for their two speed hubs clamped to the axle stay.
I believe that's right for the two speeds, but both of these look like three speeds, although the cable routing on the girl's looks odd.

I believe that's right for the two speeds, but both of these look like three speeds, although the cable routing on the girl's looks odd.
You with the keen eye are correct. I apparently have been messing with the two 2 speeds too long to notice that was a brake handle.

You with the keen eye are correct. I apparently have been messing with the two 2 speeds too long to notice that was a brake handle.
Those first generation Weinmann handles have a more squared-off appearance than the later versions, and you don't see them except on the balloon Jaguars, lightweights from about 1953-55 and the earliest middleweights. I can see how they would throw you off at a glance. I notice the boy's has a "red dot" anodized clamp anchor, which I haven't seen on this style before.

Those first generation Weinmann handles have a more squared-off appearance than the later versions, and you don't see them except on the balloon Jaguars, lightweights from about 1953-55 and the earliest middleweights. I can see how they would throw you off at a glance. I notice the boy's has a "red dot" anodized clamp anchor, which I haven't seen on this style before.

Those 1955 red dots must have started sometime in 1955. I've seen a few of the red dots on these but not too many. At first I thought the anodizing just wore off real easy but looking at my set I can see that they never were red. It would be nice to see a set with the red dots up close to see if they had the Pat. Pending marking on them.

Back