When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

His & Hers 3 Speed Corvettes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
the point on showing the travler seat was to illustrate how similar the seats on the 2 vettes are to the later light weights are,there are things on the 2 vettes that were not on the early ones,information given on the cabe can help espescially when members are buying,not bad mouthing the bikes just supplying info

here is a later chainguard,notice how far the rear rivit is from the rear edge of the guard,the early[new world and travler]had the rear rivit for the rear mount mounted almost to the end of the rear edge,the front mount hole to rear hole are ifferent for early and late
xy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20160215%2F34bf804837b58c6a12876fbd8f6e8a74.jpg

dont know i the rear of the guard shows up but heres the early brake handles and seat
DSC03224.jpg

I have 2 '57 Schwinn Corvettes too. Boys is blue; girls is black. They have the 2 color seats with crash bars and pretty much everything your bikes have except a rear rack and no cable bracket for a cable on either chainguards. They do have the front racks and 3 speed trannys and front a rear caliper brakes, too.

Curious about the serial number on the Lady's Corvette, late 55 number? Seat and front rack appear to be 56=57. It's also had the chain guard replaced and rear brake cable rerouted. The guard should have a cable clip riveted on it, as seen on just about all 55 models including the boys.
My serial numbers on my boys and girls Corvettes come up as '56 but both have 2 tone seats indicative of '57 Corvettes.

were they 2nd half of the year?late 56 and most 57 had 2 tone non s seat that was sewn,they fell apart alot,hard to find a 2 tone sewn seat thats og

here is a sewn 57,notice the line that seperates the 2 colors goes straight across the seat,later seats were not sewn and the line for the 2 colors has an angle to it
1957_schwinn_1.jpg

the seats that were sewn were done with cotton thread,cotton thread doesnt last in the environments,the seat on this boys bike looks like it is a late 56 or 57,the seat on the girls bike is not a schwinn,with rivits it could be a columba they are similar

....the seat on the girls bike is not a schwinn,with rivits it could be a columba they are similar

All the early girl's seats I've had were riveted, note Schwinn tag on the back, off a '56 girl's Vette.
Darcie

vette seat 1.jpg

vette seat 2.jpg

Last edited:
Back