When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

His & Hers Schwinn bikes.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

oldy57

Finally riding a big boys bike
I picked up these 2 bikes this past week. Hers is a 51 and his in 50. The bikes were restored many years ago by an owner back then. I have a few questions. What are the models of these bikes. What is not correct or wrong. I do know the men's has a new style coaster brake, not sure why they didn't use a correct one. They both are missing the fork locks. Men's is missing rear fender and rack reflectors, anyone have one I can buy. Badges may be wrong also. I tried batteries in lights and horns. The ladies horn made a sound then quit. Both lights did not work and mens horn did not work. I will try them again when I have more time. Ladies light is missing front screw, anyone have one. Thanks guys.

I used to visit that little shop in Bristol, sweet little one horse town, owner was
passionate about old bikes and did restorations himself.

Actually not a bad looking pair of bikes. The one thing that gets me is on that men's bike why they used that crappy Persons seat. The post war sliding rail Mesinger isn't hard to get. I could be wrong but I think T10s would be correct for that bike instead of the Persons pedals(mens bike). You can contact @bicyclebones for the reflectors and possibly the light screw. V/r Shawn

Actually not a bad looking pair of bikes. The one thing that gets me is on that men's bike why they used that crappy Persons seat. The post war sliding rail Mesinger isn't hard to get. I could be wrong but I think T10s would be correct for that bike instead of the Persons pedals(mens bike). You can contact @bicyclebones for the reflectors and possibly the light screw. V/r Shawn
Thanks Shawn. I have a sliding rail saddle around somewhere but might be prewar. Pedals will probably stay on it, they are in good shape, probably repops. I will check on the reflectors and light screw.

Wow those are beautiful!! Pretty sure the model is called a B6. Similar to the Schwinn phantoms of the era but the phantom had chrome fenders and the B6 had the painted fenders to match the rest of the bike. The men’s rear 6 hole rack is very nice and correct. I think the women’s might be wrong but don’t quote me on that. I am no expert but I did own a green 1948 men’s B6 and learned a little bit along the way. I also believe they are supposed to have the front drum brake but they are very hard to find and very pricey! The horn should be a Delta and a lot of times you just have to file the contacts on the battery holder and it will start working otherwise there is a couple videos on YouTube about them. Last I will add I was able to get my headlight working by using a piece of wire and soldering a new ground because my fender and the mounting point was rusty. My switch was also bad but I hid a toggle under the fender and kept original in place for the look

Wow those are beautiful!! Pretty sure the model is called a B6. Similar to the Schwinn phantoms of the era but the phantom had chrome fenders and the B6 had the painted fenders to match the rest of the bike. The men’s rear 6 hole rack is very nice and correct. I think the women’s might be wrong but don’t quote me on that. I am no expert but I did own a green 1948 men’s B6 and learned a little bit along the way. I also believe they are supposed to have the front drum brake but they are very hard to find and very pricey! The horn should be a Delta and a lot of times you just have to file the contacts on the battery holder and it will start working otherwise there is a couple videos on YouTube about them. Last I will add I was able to get my headlight working by using a piece of wire and soldering a new ground because my fender and the mounting point was rusty. My switch was also bad but I hid a toggle under the fender and kept original in place for the look
The Forebrake was an option--not standard. The horns can be taken apart and cleaned but a lot of times if you just either give them a couple 'o whacks or hit'em momentarily with a 9v battery they'll start working again. You can also adjust the screw to see if that helps. Sometimes they will be screwed all the way in which will keep them from working. V/r Shawn

Back