When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Historic auction for the rights to former Schwinn intellectual properties...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I cringe at the thought of another feeble attempt at reviving brand X.
The Schwinn family doesn't own the rights to their own name anymore, so there will never be another Schwinn built cycle ever made again.
What was built by the house of Schwinn was great, and the remnants that remain, we covet.
I give credit to the Hanlon Brothers for their attempt to revive Excelsior Henderson.
They gave it all and left nothing on the table, but in the end, it was a dismal failure.
At least they built a new factory from the ground up and designed their own motorcycle with their own power plant.
That was unique amongst a world of Harley Davidson clone bikes.
It took the revived Indian brand many years, and many restarts to finally figure that one out.
I personally would like to see these once venerable brands left to the history they made, and just keep their names retired.
But, that's just me.

image.jpeg
I highly recommend this book as well.
Definitely, required reading for anyone with the slightest interest in Excelsior Henderson.

Back