When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

History on the 1952 hetchins purchase

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
A true work of bicycle art! Nobody does jewelry-like filigree lug work like Hetchins. Also love those crazy seat and chain stays!! You’re a lucky man to be the caretaker of this. The back story only enhances its value and collectability.

Thank you very much... yes I too do see it as a work of British art.. it’s so much nicer in person and pleasing to the eyes. soon I will put it back together just been doing summer things and restoring my trans am at the moment so it will be a winter project..

7B510895-1314-40C6-BE26-D99990A0606A.jpeg

45EB79E2-CD73-4E25-AAD1-8426CFFE8369.jpeg

Beautiful frame! I love that you have some of the history on bike. Were the rear stays designed that way for looks or were they suppose to benefit the frame in some way?

Thank you yes that bit of history gives it life.. I’m not a expert on them I think it was designed to absorb rough road shock from riding on old English / euro roads.. there is a site dedicated to the hetchins bicycles and its history..a very good read.
Beautiful frame! I love that you have some of the history on bike. Were the rear stays designed that way for looks or were they suppose to benefit the frame in some way?

Back