When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hite Rite on a 20.5mm seat post and separate clamp?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

spleeft

Finally riding a big boys bike
I wanted to try and fit a Hite Rite on one of my 60s Typhoons or the 49' DX. They have ~20.5mm seatposts and a clamp that is NOT welded to the frame. I can think of a few ideas but have any of you done it??
Thanks for any help

I see there's some on eBay at around $35 but their clamps are for like 27mm posts on top. Could use the spring and make your own 13/16" clamp. Maybe shim up a standard schwinn post clamp with an old section of seat tube...Or post-65 fork tube, they're also 13/16" ID. I've seen thread on quick release nuts for axles, but not sure if they're the same Dia and thread pitch as the Schwinn bolts, but it would be awesome to save that feature.

I made my own seat post shim out of another seatpost. I may have also added some jb weld for extra security

Thanks for the replies,
That looks great, as for the seat post QR clamp, maybe its possible to weld a few tabs that keep a regular QR seat post clamp in place or at least from sliding down when released/?

I wouldn't go as far as welding, but that's just me. Some of the Exerciser bike seatpost clamps do have a shoulder built into them to keep them from sliding down...some JB weld might do the trick with one of those. Man, it's got me thinking of how I could use a Schwinn stamped skewer now too...

Back