When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hockey Stick Chainguard Install

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Nelgroe

Look Ma, No Hands!
Greetings... did the hockey stick chainguard have adjustable front downtube bracket? ...I installed this one but it ended up crooked. There are four rivets on the guard but only two can be used for the bracket. They are proportionately spaced from each other as if you can slide the bracket to and fro... My example would probably benefit by sliding the bracket to the other two rivets... I guess drill them out and use new screws or re-rivet? Definitely not as easy as the later guards... Thanks

0-1.jpg

0-2.jpg

0-3.jpg

0.jpg

Thanks for replies...that makes sense. I drilled out the rivets and moved the bracket up and it looks like it will fit better...just gotta get some new rivets and i'll update those that are interested. My guess is that they built the guard with four holes to accomodate boys, girls, straight or curved tubes and the builder used the ones he needed for the particular frame and then filled in the extra holes...or something like that

I've seen another make that used that particular style chain guard. Schwinn used that style on their Lightweights along with a few Balloon models on both ladies and mens. I've never seen a Schwinn piece with two sets of bracket holes but I haven't seen everything. Looks like a good idea having the extra holes to adapt verses making a whole different bracket for different applications.

Here's a 36 Ladies curved down tube.
1593745932533.png

1593745969050.png

Well, I moved the bracket position on the guard and it fits fine now, level... just some temporary pop rivets until I can locate some nice smooth top ones... black sharpie pen hid the rivets...kinda...Thanks for interest and replies

IMG_2833.JPG

IMG_2834.JPG

IMG_2835.JPG

IMG_2836.JPG

IMG_2837.JPG

IMG_2838.JPG

IMG_2839.JPG

I had the same issue with a chrome feather guard. Seems the Motorbike and Autocycle frames both use the guards and require adjustments as down tube spacing is different.

That's a ladies guard, that's why the rear bracket is the correct length for the straight chainstay but the front bracket still needs the rubber "shims" you have used to make it fit the smaller diameter tubing of the mens model. Maybe you get lucky and find a donor boys guard from which to poach the proper front bracket before you rivet it on for keeps.

Looks good on the bike btw.

Back