When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HOLLOW STEEL RIMS FOR TOC AND HARD TIRE SAFETY BICYCLES (MAYBE HIGHWHEEL AS WELL)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
There were recent questions posted on this thread asking about the status of this project that seems to have disappeared. It appears that previous questions were never answered. Were the questions ever answered? Are the rims now available and at what price?

Since I started this ad on SEPT 15, 2022, I have only had requests for 1 pair of un drilled 28" single tube tire pneumatic rims and 1 pair of un drilled 30" rims for 7/8" hard rubber tires. This 30" size was the initial size I stated to start with to see "if" there was an interest.
I had answered the pricing question in this thread on Sept 18, 2022 with the following explanation which was LIKED by the person who inquired and my reply was: "It will all depend on how many actual customers I get to determine pricing. Sorry to be so vague but material and labor costs play into units produced as with any manufactured part."
I realize people's needs but the feasibility of making these rims has not met any kind of sales criteria.
At present the only rims I have to sell are a pair of steel un drilled rims for 28" X 1/2" single tube tires OR a cushion tire and these would be $500 for the pair.
You don't just put the steel tubing into the machine and dial in what diameter you want and out comes a perfect part. There is a lot of trial and error in making these rims meaning a lot of $$$ wasted in making scrap until a good example is made so I haven't even got to that point for pricing yet.

Unless someone wants a run of 10 or more 30" diameter x 7/8" tire rims for hard tire safeties, things will be at a stand still.
Hoping this gives some clarity.

Mike Cates, CA.

Back