When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holy Grail - Ca. 1892 Dr. True's Hygienic Saddle ORIGINAL

-
Price
Zipcode

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
This saddle stands as a work of art independent of a bicycle, it sat on my mantel* for quite a while.

Next to impossible to beat this saddle in quality of craftsmanship, design, and preservation.
I doubt seriously there is another example out there that can sit next to this one.

This saddle was discovered hanging from the rafters of an 19th - early 20th century blacksmith shop.
Please read testimonials from original adverts as well as valuable perspectives on construction.

$1,500 hand delivered to Memory Lane 10/20
FULLY Insured shipping available at buyers expense.

Feel free to ask any questions.
Yes this saddle is expensive, I will promise you though that it would be more expensive if not impossible to reproduce it authentically if you are paying a craftsman to do it.

Dr. True1.jpg

Dr. True2.jpg

Dr. True3.jpg

Dr. True4.jpg

Dr. True5.jpg

Dr. True6.jpg

Dr. True saddle 2.png

Dr True Saddle Advert2.jpg

Dr True Saddle Advert.jpg

1892 Dr RS True Co Saddle.jpg

Last edited:
In looking over that photo set and realized I didn’t show the one little bite out of the leather on the non - stamped side of the saddle (strange that they would only stamp one side?)

My guess would be the original owner in their brief time on this saddle tried to tie the underside of the saddle together via those sets of 3 holes and they over tightened perhaps.

Also neglected to point out the size of this couch on wheels- spring end to spring end it comes to roughly 16”

8bfce6693abb19b5926c88ea27597ee1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back