When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holy Poop. Dual Suspension Monark Airman

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
953573-960f5aea930078a79c89e95d9b4d29ae.gif

Cool bike, but really funky suspension design.
It’s hard to see how that could possibly work.
It doesn't! I have one of George Ks excellent clones of one of these and it quickly becomes apparent why these are so rare. My guess is most were returned. For those that have a Huffman built Twin Flex you know if you really stand on the brake the rear compresses and when it bottoms out the rear will hop. On these if you just touch the brake you get that effect and it is sudden. I've ridden mine for short distances and no matter how lightly you try to brake you get the same effect. I've never did this at speed--and don't wan to! A great find. I wonder if the original color was maroon and black? I'd like to see better pics of the front fender-ducktail or straight? V/r Shawn

Thanks, for the description, Shawn.
I had been riding my 39 Firestone Twin Flex, on the flat beach bike paths for quite awhile, and didn’t notice any severe adverse effects.
But, I took it up to the Rolling Relics, San Francisco Ride, and put it through its paces.
Oh, man!
What a different bike that is, when you’re having to bomb down some steep hills with the coaster brake applied.
The other thing I noticed, was that the axle nuts loosen up under extreme use.
After that trip, I learned to always check those fasteners before going for a ride.
Great bikes, for general cruising, but definitely not the one you want for the serious hill country.
That Monark design sounds like a nightmare.

Back