When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Home made tanks

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

nick1985

Look Ma, No Hands!
I recently bought a 1939 Elgin curve bar bicycle and I was wanting to buy a long tank for it. Obviously they aren't cheap so I was wondering if anyone has ever attempted to make their own tank before?

Here's one for sale Wood Rack, Tank, and Guard. By member @higgens
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/woody-flow.106879/#post-699691
IMG_4831.jpg

Others have done them with metal too.

I recently bought a 1939 Elgin curve bar bicycle and I was wanting to buy a long tank for it. Obviously they aren't cheap so I was wondering if anyone has ever attempted to make their own tank before?
The skill and time involved here would outweigh just finding one. Unless you have a fully equipped shop with English wheels, metal brakes, cutters, etc... and mad metal working skills making one of these tanks would not be realistic. V/r Shawn

The skill and time involved here would outweigh just finding one. Unless you have a fully equipped shop with English wheels, metal brakes, cutters, etc... and mad metal working skills making one of these tanks would not be realistic. V/r Shawn

Thats what I was thinking. I don't have the skill at all but was thinking if I could find a cheap rusted out tank or even half a tank and take it to a fabricator to reproduce one for me or even a handful to offer to other members on here

Back