When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hoodwinked at auction

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
glad it worked out for you, props to copake. I bought a couple bikes this year , I made two calls to copake and was amazed they answered the phone. in this day of recordings, emails, and no call backs, it was refreshing. I talked to Seth, he answered any and all questions I had. seemed to be in no hurry, we shot the breeze for awhile, this was the week of the auction

I can certainly see where stuff may not be mentioned from the seller or get caught by Copake. Pretty sure they don't have time to disassemble/inspect suspicious items and rely on the sellers to provide accurate info. I'm impressed they are willing to make good on stuff that sneaks by. Good on you @Phallon1 for doing the right thing. Probably why you've been at this a while and Premier Swap/Auctioneer.

I can guarantee this isn't the first time a deal went sideways on a bicycle at auction. Always a good indicator of character to make things right when things don't go as expected in my opinion.

Hope all are happy in the end! 😉

Description should have been more accurate leaving stuff out is the same as lying in my book .
Can't really blame the auction house though unless they wrote it.
Very good of them though to except some of the responsibility and fix it .

I’m a Mercury collector. The front fender looks short to me at the front. Might be just the pic. It appears to have pinched fenders tips at the lower bottom part. Not correct for that frame and crank. Missing correct rear reflector. Wrong saddle. Glad you got out of that one and got a refund! If you ever need info about these style bikes feel free to reach out. Always glad to help.

It says in section 2 of the auction menu , how it is handled , also if you look to the photo displayed of the head , it is clearly seen that it does not fit correct , it looks fiberglass in the photo
This would be tuff one from a picture sense a lot of the OG shrouds are warped or broken ( pot medal casting ) and don't fit properly anymore, at least most I've had. Glad everything worked, did you keep it with a partial refund or ship the whole thing back?

I am glad you were made whole again. It is impossible to expect an auction company to find every defect for every lot, especially in a 600+ lot sale. It is partially the responsibility of buyers to ask questions and request full condition reports for items they are interested in purchasing. Reputable companies will gladly comply with these requests. The fact the Copake guys made you whole shows they are a reputable firm and want to do right by the bicycle collecting community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back